I have done so many trips with Adventure South I had to make a list to count them. Trips 1-11 were led, many custom designed, by long-time* Adventure South Guide (now friend, cycling and life mentor) Bas Kruisselbrink. He's now on another adventure living back in Europe and (when the world allows) I plan to cycle with him there.
Why Adventure South?
Initially a random encounter: Saw an item on the Aussie 'Getaway' TV travel show in 2002, booked for Summer 2003. The photo below is mine, not some carefully crafted photoshopped marketing, and shows how good it was!
I wrote this blog post after my fourth trip, having just booked the fifth, to answer a question lots of people have asked over the years. The reasons haven't changed, just add more amazing adventures and good friends made since then. These trips, most often largely returning clients, have covered most of New Zealand and trips to Vietnam and Nepal.
Links go to blog post indexes, where I've written them, and/or Flickr Photo Albums;
- 2003 | NZ South Island | Milford Wilderness (Flickr)
- 2004 | NZ South Island | West Coast Escape (Flickr)
- 2005 | NZ South Island | Catlins & Te Anau/Doubtful Sound (Flickr)
- 2006 | NZ South Island | Northern West Coast (Flickr)
- 2007 | NZ South Island | Otago Rail Trail extended (Flickr)
- 2008 | Vietnam | Mekong Delta Cycle & Hanoi, Hạ Long Bay to Hội An (Flickr)
- 2011 | NZ South Island | Northern Coast To Coast Loop (Flickr)
- 2012-02 | NZ South Island | Marlborough & West Coast (Flickr)
- 2012-12 | NZ North Island | Northland Loop (Flickr)
- 2014 | Tibet & Nepal | Lhasa to Kathmandu Himalayan Traverse (Based on a World Expeditions trip run by Bas) (Flickr)
- 2019 | NZ South Island | Alps to Ocean (Flickr)
- 2022-03 deferred to 2024-03 | NZ South Island | Old Ghost Road Mountain Bike to come
All my Adventure South related posts, not just trip specific, are in this Index
* Considered the term 'veteran' but he's bigger and faster than me!